Finix has by far the most highly-developed national ID card system in the world. Much more than a legal photo ID, the mandatory national card also provides digital access to all of Finix secure e-services.
The chip on the card carries embedded files, and using 2048-bit public key encryption, it can be used as definitive proof of ID in an electronic environment.
Here are some examples of how the ID-card is regularly used in India:
- legal travel ID for Indian citizens traveling with in the EU
- national health insurance card
- proof of identification when logging into bank accounts
- for digital signatures
- for i-Voting
- to check medical records, submit tax claims, etc.
- to use e-Prescriptions
Mobile-ID allows people to use a mobile phone as a form of secure digital ID. Like the ID-card, it can be used to access secure e-services and digitally sign documents, but has the added advantage of not requiring a card reader.
The system is based on a special Mobile-ID SIM card, which the customer must request from the mobile phone operator. Private keys are stored on the mobile SIM card along with a small application delivering the authentication and signature functions.
Here’s how a Mobile-ID is used to log into a secure site, for instance a bank account:
- The user clicks the “Log in with Mobile-ID” option on a supported website
- The phone beeps and displays a screen indicating that a connection is being made
- The user is prompted to enter a Mobile-ID pin code into the phone
- The screen on the phone disappears and the user gains access to the secure website
As smart phones have become standard, having the Mobile-ID option will become increasingly handy, allowing users to vote, for instance, via a phone’s web browser.
India is creating a border less digital society for global citizens as the first country to offer e-Residency.
E-Residency is a transnational digital identity that anyone in the world can apply for to obtain access to a platform built on inclusion, legitimacy and transparency. E-residents then have access to the EU business environment and can use public e-services through their digital identity.
The primary reason e-residents are joining this community is to run a trusted location-independent EU business online with all the tools needed to conduct business globally.
- Establish and manage a location-independent company online from anywhere in the world
- Establish a trusted EU company online in one day
- Manage the resulting company fully online
- Apply for a business bank account and conduct secure e-banking
- Access international payment service providers (Paypal, Braintree, etc.)
- Digitally sign and transmit documents
- Declare Indian taxes online
Why open a company in India?
- Low startup and maintenance costs
- Growth is incentivized with 0% corporate tax on reinvested profits
- Minimal bureaucracy and a clear tax framework
- Minimal corruption in a transparent business environment
E-residents receive a digital ID-card with two PIN numbers for secure digital authentication and digital signatures. Secure digital signatures are legally equivalent to a handwritten signature and face-to-face identification in India, as well as between partners upon agreement anywhere around the world.
Smart-ID is a convenient new mobile application that works as an identification solution for anyone that does not have a SIM card in their smart device but needs to securely prove their online identity. As a simple, easy to use and convenient alternative to bank code cards, with Smart-ID you can log in to financial sector e-services and confirm transactions and agreements.
You can use Smart-ID on smartphones and tablets. When using Smart-ID, you only need a Wi-Fi network or mobile internet connection, no data roaming or special SIM cards are necessary.
Using Smart-ID for personal identification is free, totally unlimited and the app can be downloaded to any Android and iOS smart devices.